In one week, the Supreme Court will be hearing what will go down in history as one of the landmark cases in the fight for equality for LGBT Americans. The oral arguments in U.S. v. Windsor mark the final step in the ACLU’s challenge to the so-called Defense of Marriage Act, the discriminatory law that prevents the federal government from recognizing the marriages of same-sex couples.
But what does this case impact Floridians? And how has DOMA harmed LGBT people and their families here in South Florida? Find out at DOMA Town Hall: How U.S. v Windsor Impacts You!
Our panel includes:
- Daniel Tilley, LGBT Policy Strategist, ACLU of Florida
- Kendall Coffey, former U.S. Attorney and legal media commentator
- Richard Milstein, family law attorney
- Damian Pardo, founder of SAVE Dade and Financial Wealth Manager at Morgan Stanley
- Carla Silva, Executive Director of the Alliance for GLBTQ Youth
Bring your questions and prepare to get an inside look at this historic moment for LGBT equality.
Wine and light hors d’oeuvres will be served.