The Collier County Chapter of the ACLU presents its Annual Meeting and a free, public forum titled: “Should Some Drugs be Legalized.?”
- What drugs should be legalized?
- What is the connection between drugs and crime?
- How will our youth be affected if we legalize some drugs?
- What is the cost of the War on Drugs and how would changing our drug policies impact our government budgets?
Our moderator for this discussion will be David Goldstein, Retired Attorney and ACLU Board Member
Our speakers will include:
- Captain Harold Minch, Collier County Sheriff’s Office
- John Baeza, Retired NYPD / Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP)
- Dr. Frank Nappo, Current President of Drug Free Collier
- Jeffrey A. Miron, Senior lecturer on economics at Harvard University and a senior fellow at the Cato Institute
Please RSVP by April 25th by calling Mo Winograd at (239)948-0020 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Parking and admission are free with RSVP.